You are a warming, comforting presence. It is audible proof that others care and wish me well; not only my family and friends, but an entire network of people. I don't know what I would do without you.
Become A Gatewave Listener
You are eligible for services from Gatewave if you cannot read standard printed materials because of a visual, learning or physical disability.
To get radio or internet access to Gatewave, you must:
- Be certified as legally blind or
- Have only partial vision, requiring the use of visual aids other than ordinary eyeglasses in order to read conventional print comfortably or
- Have a reading disability or physical disability that prevents normal reading.
You only need one of the above criteria to qualify.
There are Four Ways To Listen
- You can listen on the Internet.
- You can listen on a special Gatewave or In Touch Radio Receiver (a charge for a new receiver may apply).
- You can listen on your Apple or Android Kindle Fire and iOS Device.
- You can listen on NFB Newsline.
There is no charge to listen to Gatewave. However, In order to help cover the costs of the service we do ask for voluntary annual contributions. If you cannot contribute, it will not affect your eligibility for the Gatewave service.
You can download and print a application form and mail it to us.
You can register for an account and select LISTENER service. Make sure to check the boxes that ask if you have a reading disability and that you are a real person. You will then be re-directed to an Application Form.
Thank you for your interest in Gatewave.